Totoro

hanzo scatter arrow replacement

im just interested in what do u guys think hanzo will get/needs in his kit instead of the scatter arrow

There's gonna be a change?Haven't been checking on news lately.

19 minutes ago, iFSnacker said:

There's gonna be a change?Haven't been checking on news lately.

ye the devs are currently looking at what could be changed and were posting some of the things they though of and so far they all seem pretty cool!

Maybe, something that can help him deal with more close range engagements. That's what scatter is really for I feel. Like, when I get jumped by a Genji or Winston I can pop it. Like, I'm thinking an stun arrow, so he can use it when things get up close and personal. 

9 minutes ago, GarboMang said:

Maybe, something that can help him deal with more close range engagements. That's what scatter is really for I feel. Like, when I get jumped by a Genji or Winston I can pop it. Like, I'm thinking an stun arrow, so he can use it when things get up close and personal. 

Stun arrow might be a good idea!

I liked the idea of a piercing arrow, but I understood why it wouldn't make it much better. Personally I don't think the scatter should be changed.

1 hour ago, Maicka said:

Stun arrow might be a good idea!

This!
Having a stun arrow would be awesome and still be lore friendly 

I want him to be able to shoot multiple arrows at once. Kind of like scatter but you dont need to aim at someones feet but it would have a spread like a shotgun

20 hours ago, GarboMang said:

I like the idea of a stun arrow

Gold

Stun Arrow, Freeze Arrow, Bomb Arrow, Fire/Poison Arrow that does sustained damage (like venom mine)

(got all those ideas from the arrow types in Breath of the Wild lol)

• Like 1

Achievements

Gold
On 2/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, GarboMang said:

Stun arrow sounds cool, but I wanna see how itll be to go against it. Like piecing arrow sounded cool, but it sucked to play against according to devs

idc, as long as scatter shot is gone to op.

2 hours ago, stolle505 said:

idc, as long as scatter shot is gone to op.

I don't think they'll remove scatter, but rather scale down the damage. All the suggestions of poison, stun and freezing arrows are pretty cool but they don't fit the hanzo theme/lore. I mean look at them struggling to balance mercy. The easiest thing for them would be to remove Ressurect and give her something else, but they refuse to do so because its tied to the lore too much.

i love hanzo

Achievements

anything really... but a stun arrow was a good idea 

20 hours ago, Rorik said:

I don't think they'll remove scatter, but rather scale down the damage. All the suggestions of poison, stun and freezing arrows are pretty cool but they don't fit the hanzo theme/lore. I mean look at them struggling to balance mercy. The easiest thing for them would be to remove Ressurect and give her something else, but they refuse to do so because its tied to the lore too much.

yes, but for Hanzo specifically they said they will change the entire ability

I think scatter arrow is fine but does need a nerf (less arrows and less damage). If they absolutly need to change his ability, i cant think of a better idea than stun arrow. A stun for 2 seconds would be perfect!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Totoro said:

yes, but for Hanzo specifically they said they will change the entire ability

Not exactly, Jeff said they haven't decided on whether to tune it down or replace it entirely, only that they will change something about it.

I think as Hanzo you should just be able to press E and kill someone on the other side of the map regardless of their hp :upsidedown:

1 hour ago, Co0kie666 said:

I think as Hanzo you should just be able to press E and kill someone on the other side of the map regardless of their hp :upsidedown:

You disgust me filthy Hanzo main smh

BEGONE THOT!

:sad_frog:

2 hours ago, Rorik said:

Not exactly, Jeff said they haven't decided on whether to tune it down or replace it entirely, only that they will change something about it.

oh my bad 

I don't  get why it needs to change maybe I just don't get effected by it because I mainly do tanks. Or I could be insane and alone on saying it doesn't  need a change.

One thing to note about why they are changing scatter arrow is because, when you think about it it has the highest damage potential of any non ultimate ability to the point where it can one shot an orisa. But think about the fact that with that much damage potential, Hanzo is still in such a bad spot. And while some might suggest removing sonar arrow, I'd like to see it stay as it give Hanzo a useful bit of utility that no other hero besides Widow has. What I'd like to see is either a) an ability that allows him to set up more picks, b) be able to deal with shield tanks like rein or orisa , or c) Give him mobility to disengage when a target gets on him.