I have played quite a few games with the new Swain and I have to say that it is really enjoyable. But the question remains: Is it op? I want thoughts and reasonings.

I actually hate the new rework

He's in a much healthier state from what I have seen, he has outplay potential and potential to be outplayed without being too overbearing... But we'll have to wait and see for how it goes at higher ELO, Scarra thinks it's pretty awful.

Not played yet. The rework looks alot like vlad so i kinda think they messed up 

46 minutes ago, Demon said:

Yeah, he is basically Vlad 2.0 but I really think that his old kit was too boring.I think this kit adds a lot of spice to him.

On 2/9/2018 at 2:25 PM, Demon said:

On 2/9/2018 at 3:12 PM, BrutusM7 said:

Yeah, he is basically Vlad 2.0 but I really think that his old kit was too boring.I think this kit adds a lot of spice to him.

Agreed, Hes Not a very individual unique champion to me anymore. Seems Bland and boring now

Basically Vladimir 2.0, but I still think he sucks, even more. 

His numbers need work

Red

I don't mind seeing him in game there aren't that many people who know how to use him fully yet.

Achievements

Gold

He works best in 1 vs multiple champs scenarios, this made his laning much weaker in my opinion.

You cannot proc the second part of your ult and deal damage until you drained 300 health from the opponents, furthermore you cannot ult until you get your raven stacks, which means you have to hit your e, he is not that easy anymore and not that op..

Achievements

I ban him because I don't know what he exactly does...

15 minutes ago, Kitty said:

I ban him because I don't know what he exactly does...

Imagine a shitty boring vlad boom its the new swain 

5 hours ago, Ether said:

Imagine a shitty boring vlad boom its the new swain 

Their kits are genuintely different, Swain has hard CC and his healing playpattern is around his ult being an aura around him.

Vlad, apart from being completely broken this patch, relies on his Q for major healing and E for AoE damage with no hard CC. 

I think this comparison is a little silly as they do have their own identities and kits. 

They had to touch Swain's laning as it was generally opressive against melee tops and fairly uninteractive. They've given his kit strong outplay potential, the problem now is that numbers are a little on the low side and people aren't really sure how to play it.

1 minute ago, Sami said:

Their kits are genuintely different, Swain has hard CC and his healing playpattern is around his ult being an aura around him.

Vlad, apart from being completely broken this patch, relies on his Q for major healing and E for AoE damage with no hard CC. 

I think this comparison is a little silly as they do have their own identities and kits. 

They had to touch Swain's laning as it was generally opressive against melee tops and fairly uninteractive. They've given his kit strong outplay potential, the problem now is that numbers are a little on the low side and people aren't really sure how to play it.

Finally, someone who gets it.

I only said he is Vlad 2.0 as his appearance has changed to resemble a vampire.

And that his previous form was pretty boring, while on the other hand, this rework gives him a totally new playstyle.

1 hour ago, BrutusM7 said:

Finally, someone who gets it.

I only said he is Vlad 2.0 as his appearance has changed to resemble a vampire.

And that his previous form was pretty boring, while on the other hand, this rework gives him a totally new playstyle.

I don't think they look similar at all, Swain's bigass cloak gives him a different vibe :^) 

His previous form was binary more than anything, it was always EQW so that you got maximum damage, then R and walk at someone. Now he can control the battlefield with vision from his E, pull people around with his passive and be a dangerous force walking around in a fight if he isn't focused, somewhat like Karthis more than Vladimir.

5 minutes ago, Sami said:

I don't think they look similar at all, Swain's bigass cloak gives him a different vibe :^) 

His previous form was binary more than anything, it was always EQW so that you got maximum damage, then R and walk at someone. Now he can control the battlefield with vision from his E, pull people around with his passive and be a dangerous force walking around in a fight if he isn't focused, somewhat like Karthis more than Vladimir.

I get what you are saying, but with that dark cloak and crows following him and that pale skin makes him look like a vampire.

By the way, Vladimir is not a vampire, he is a hemomancer (blood controlling mage).

1 minute ago, BrutusM7 said:

I get what you are saying, but with that dark cloak and crows following him and that pale skin makes him look like a vampire.

By the way, Vladimir is not a vampire, he is a hemomancer (blood controlling mage).

He makes me think of Denethor from Lord of the Rings. Not a vampire, but corrupted by evil power.

I never said he was a vampire ;)

1 minute ago, Sami said:

He makes me think of Denethor from Lord of the Rings. Not a vampire, but corrupted by evil power.

I never said he was a vampire ;)

I never said you did, just throwing random facts out there. Did you know Riot will release a vampire champion soon? Or at least they are planning to.

I think the new Swain is pretty good at the current patch. But the people don't know how to handle him atm. Played him and got first game s+ xD

10 minutes ago, Syndicon said:

I think the new Swain is pretty good at the current patch. But the people don't know how to handle him atm. Played him and got first game s+ xD

Yeah the main thing about him is almost no one knows how to play vs him. I ran into a Val'koz who knew and he (didn't win but) slowed me down to my path to victory(others did not know how to play vs me). It was a nice 13/2 game.

1 hour ago, Syndicon said:

If he gets fed (like 3,4 early kills) yea, it's gg, but overall I think he is bad, I played 5-6 games againts him and won 5 of them, 1 was when he was 6-0 in the 11th minute and it was pretty much GG

Red

Saw nightblue play the new swain, looked fun. I actually love how the birds follow him.

Swain is underpowered atm, I suspect he'll receive a slight buff.

12 minutes ago, Akitake said:

Swain is underpowered atm, I suspect he'll receive a slight buff.

I hope so, I like him rn but I will not complain about a buff.

Haven't played him myself, but from what I've seen he looks really good. Though I'm not sure if he needs buffs or not yet.