IgnitedxSoul

Tips for getting good?

I tend to get steamrolled very early unless I have someone carrying me. What are common mistakes new players make that I can try to avoid?

- Land in high population areas, over and over until you get good with weapons

- If your in a building or you know you will be fighting very close range, don't aim down sight, just use the hip fire aim.

- Before you reach a door to open it, jump. This will make it less hard for people to sound whore you and you will open the door before they expect it.

- If your going for a win, land in areas quite far away from the plane flight path.

- Find a vehicle early on, it is more important than loot. If you can find a vehicle, you can always drive it to find loot. If you don't find a vehicle, that zones coming for your ass.

- Use vertical grip on all guns except the ump. Angled grip is better for spraying, but vertical is better for single shot. So on average you will likely use single shot alot more on other guns except the ump.

- Get used resisting the urge of spraying for over 1 second. Unless someone is within 10 meters, you should either tap on auto for a second, release, then soot again. 2 burst with an ak will kill someone mid range with not much spread, but goodluck controlling any recoil if you hold it down longer. 

- Number 1 tip: Close range (within 5 metres) hipfire shoot, 10+ metres Burst shoot (2 quick taps), 20+ metres Single shot.

- The m16 is one of the fastest guns in the game with burst on. Only use burst if your going to hip fire with it, but notice there is little to no recoil, so it means if your in a building, if you tap as fast as you can, even though your not aiming down site, your firing that many bullets you will likely kill them and compensate for the larger aim reticle by just the sheer amount of bullets.

- If your playing squads, don't underestimate the importance of smoke grenades. If one of your guys is down, your main focus should be getting them up.

- YOUR NOT SHROUD, don't try and do 1v4's or even 1v2's if you don't have the advantage. You don't have to engage every person you see, if you want to practice aim, land in high population areas, if you want to go for the win, be prepared to allow people to walk past you, in hopes that you can get a better angle on them. Think of how a hunter thinks, they don't just shoot the moment they see an elk 500 metres away. 

- Every time you shoot, the hunter is becoming the hunted. Don't camp, unless you are in a building, and then just remember everyone in the area now is looking for where those shots just came from. Always keep checking behind and to the sides of you. Just keep thinking about where your weak spots are.

- Always stay near cover, only run across open ground if absolutely necessary. If you take shots, it's pretty rare they are going to land every hit, just zigzag and run to the nearest rock or tree, the further away that is, the less likely you are to survive.

- Get a sound lock, it is something which limits your sound, so it can only go to a certain volume. This is because if you are like me and get deafened and get very jumpy at someone all of a sudden firing a shotgun in your face, you will die. 80% of my close quarter deafs were from me just jumping from a loud noise, and then my aim going all over the place, but with a sound lock, you won't become deaf. You can still have your volume up high to hear footsteps, but it won't all of a sudden deafen you with explosions or gunshots <<< GAME CHANGING people don't understand how important that is.

Oh wow that is a lot of information! Thank you so much, I will go through all of that many many times.

I am out of reactions for today but you will get a like from me tomorrow!

Just keep playing over and over, you’ll see a difference in gameplay soon enough also try different stuff to what you usually do. For example try different guns, switch between TPP and FPP for different situations. If you also play with better people and you die, you can spectate them to see how they play and you can learn a lot just from that. 

land where lots of people go and just try to fight this will improve your aim, decision making and movement way faster than landing on the edge and dying from the first person you see 20 min into the game

If you are playing First Person, having your weapon Soft Aimed when going around corners after hearing footsteps gives you an edge/1 second advantage to spray someone down which ends up you winning a lot of fights. If you play in Third Person, camping as lame as it is, gives you the biggest advantage since you can peak and see people coming way before they know you are there.

I compeletyly agree with the post of Briar94 and I would like to add my own opinion on top of his post.I will focus on Solo or Duo play and for FPP.My opinions are not effective at Third person mode and Squad mode please keep that in mind.

One of the most common mistakes new and some veterans make is how much looting you actually need for the early game.Especially in high populated areas(Ex: School , Rozhok and Military Base on default map and Mansion,Los Leones and El Pozo on the Miramar,desert map).Players tend to look for Lvl 2 -3 helmets, same with body armours and 4x scope and what not or if it is cramped location like School or Mansion they tend to look for an AR(Assults rifle) or atleast an smg(Ex: UMP , Uzi).However even having a pistol in the first few seconds after you land is a lot more adventegous then you might think.2 main reason i will give are ;

First : Yes someone might have landed on or already found an AR however, this is ussualy not the case so taking a fight even killing one un-armed and repositioning is far more beneficial for the start of the game.Why one may ask.The answer is that if that un-armed player runs away to another room and finds a shotgun or an AR this will put you at a huge disadvantage.Basically you have one less problem without that player ;)

Second:Even if the other player get a better weapon or has a Lvl 3 helmet and body armour, ofcourse this will not be the case 99 percent of the time however for the sake of the case lets say it is.As long as you spot the player first or has his back, no matter what kind of helmet or armour or weapon that player becomes irrelevant because you can kill without even getting shot once.Thus as long as you have the peeker's advantage or the suprise element rest of the variables become less important.

As an example of this(although they are a bit on the side of exceptions) you can watch popular pubg streamers to see how they handle early game.I do not recomment you to watch Shroud because lets be honest we will not have an aim advantage in every fight we take but he will.Their patterns ussualy goes like this . Land as fast as possible and as close as possible to one of the escape points.Then look for a gun it does not matter what kind (as long as it is not a melle weapon like pan or crowbar).If they cannot find it they run to the nearest escape point.However if they find even a pistol they will try to clean out the players in the nearest area of floor they are on.

Although reading about tips will help you watching them or trying them out will make you improve more quickly so I will recomment one streamer and youtuber for this topic atleast.Try watching wtfmoses's videos on hwo to improve and how to play early game which in my opinion will clear out a lot of questions for you. Hope any of these information helps:)

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone! This is extremely helpful!

Twitch

Practice makes perfect, also try playing in squads so you can get great advice and see how they do so well.

Achievements

dont be scared to push someone, hesitation is lethal.

Achievements

Gold

If you are playing on a team Identify who is the worst driver and never let them drive!

Achievements

3 hours ago, KroII said:

If you are playing on a team Identify who is the worst driver and never let them drive!

I've deemed myself never to drive unless I need to go somewhere super fast. @StarvedChild and @Jirraph are  my designated drivers ;D

For early game improvement dropping in hot drops and seeking every fight I can to improve with early game and shooting skills.

For mid game, I tend to prefer to find a vehicle and drive towards the centre of the zone and hold my ground.

Late game I am yet to figure out how to improve on, currently I just focus on watching others and learning from my own mistakes.

Any extra tips or criticisms are welcome :)

dont peek with your full body just play smart with the q and e !

if you got no cover for a fight learn to make simple steps between your shots.

so many guys cant hit you if you move while shooting just learn it :D

Play alot and watch youtubers 

Watch shroud stream

its kinda stupid to say watch shroud ... you will never learn anything there cause hes playing this game on next lvl ... he playing simple and walks into enemys like no one else and also he can do this cause of his godaim and reaction... so dont watch shroud if you wanna learn something

Play aggressive to learn

Boosting services...... kek :wink:

4 hours ago, Quickshaft said:

Boosting services...... kek :wink:

How do you get better while getting carried?

git gud

just let other people kill others while you loot

16 minutes ago, Advil said:

How do you get better while getting carried?

Edit: Lol thought i was replying to another forum but yeah

But if you are getting carried by someone higher rank! You will play with better enemys so you will learn better!

Plus in pubg getting carried increase your survive ability  so you get more playtime so more info to learn i guess

Edited by DemonicWare

1 hour ago, DemonicWare said:

Edit: Lol thought i was replying to another forum but yeah

But if you are getting carried by someone higher rank! You will play with better enemys so you will learn better!

Plus in pubg getting carried increase your survive ability  so you get more playtime so more info to learn i guess

In PUBG I find you don't learn 1 way but in lots of ways - watching team mates or deathcams and watching replays to see where enemies were and where they were compared to where you thought they were based on audio.

Jumping into heavy populated drop zones and just finding a gun and rushing people for aim and reaction speed.

Going in with squads to try and make it to end game to practice the mid-late game strats and using the circle to your advantage.

But every game is different of course.

In response to the boosting service - I posted that as a joke haha :)