Telfer

House Drop Event Guide

Gold

So we are about to have our first house drop and I figured I would write up a quick guide on what to expect at one of these:

What is a house drop?

When players are no longer in DI and make no attempt to rejoin, they lose their housing in game. On most other servers houses must be refreshed every so often or they will collapse. When they collapse they leave all of the items inside on the ground, free for anyone to come and take. A house drop event, is when someone intentionally drops the house, which has the same effect. Generally we are talking about a massive treasure chest of items and a massive free-for-all to get stuff.

What are some things to be aware of?

• Always bring a character with 100+ strength or otherwise whomever is strongest. You need to be able to carry as much as possible.
  • Wear armor and carry regs, potions, bandages or whatever if you need but try to come as light as possible.
  • Generally you can expect PVP to happen if the house drop is in Felucca. Generally murder restrictions are lifted during these events, if you bring a sneaky ninja or thief you might be able to get away without needing to fight.
  • If the event is being run by Telfer and it is not in Felucca, you can expect he will have some other sort of shenanigans planned so you might want to be prepared anyway.
  • Items may begin to decay in as little as 30 minutes so don't dawdle, sort things after they are safely secured.
  • Grab Containers and rare items you can see before anything else. Usually the best things are stored in secure containers so you are hoping you grab one of those.
  • Be careful when examining any containers you find, especially if it is an event house some will be trapped. Safest thing to do is bring all containers to your house or bank and open them with nothing on you at the time, if outside your house.

What are some tricks that help when looting a ton of stuff?

• If you have advanced notice of the house before the event you could try to place a house next to it or even bring a boat or galleon if it is near the water.
  • Whether or not you have advanced notice of the location you can bring regs, recall scrolls, or gate scrolls to quickly get to your house or a bank. I would carry two runes, one marked at the bank or house, and the second to be marked at the house drop for returning to loot more. Remember you cannot recall when over-burdened but you can gate still.
  • Make sure to check any bodies inevitably found lying around when there isn't much to anything left from the drop. Players and some monsters loot things.
  • Like 1

Achievements

Gold

I havent played, i made a character and spawned in the world, then didnt know what to do lol, ill watch some vids and learn first

Achievements

Gold
2 minutes ago, AlinaStarkova said:

I havent played, i made a character and spawned in the world, then didnt know what to do lol, ill watch some vids and learn first

You can come play with us tonight if you want! Myself and a couple others are on right now. The house drop is something you should try to go to even if you aren't sure what to do yet. The free stuff will help you get started on crafting or help you gear up a little better to go fight things. Either way, I try to be available as often as I can to help people get started or do something new. :)

Achievements

Gold

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Telfer said:

Even if you haven't really started playing, you shouldn't miss this! :D

Lots of free stuff to get you started!

Tagging those whom have accounts, let me know if you no longer want to be tagged in UO related things.

I still want to be tagged.

I wish I had the opportunity to download the game. I have it on my to-do list this next week. My weekends are shot for the next month and a half with basketball. 630am to late tomorrow night with basketball tomorrow :/ so no gaming for me.

Achievements

Gold
Just now, 13thShade said:

I still want to be tagged.

I wish I had the opportunity to download the game. I have it on my to-do list this next week. My weekends are shot for the next month and a half with basketball. 630am to late tomorrow night with basketball tomorrow :/ so no gaming for me.

No worries dude, you still get a little something from me once you get started because of getting that trivia question correct. :)

• Like 1

Achievements

I've got the game downloaded but still haven't actually started playing... games like this are the kind that I really want to get sucked into and I haven't had the opportunity to. Ah well.

Achievements

Gold
Just now, Nitro said:

I've got the game downloaded but still haven't actually started playing... games like this are the kind that I really want to get sucked into and I haven't had the opportunity to. Ah well.

No worries man, we should still be playing when you're ready :D

Achievements

I'm gonna dl game and set it up next week because I'm switching pcs

Achievements

Hey sorry I haven't been active dealing with life and such sorry. 

Gold
5 hours ago, Sorlan said:

Hey sorry I haven't been active dealing with life and such sorry. 

Its ok man, RL is important, do you think you can come to the event tomorrow?

Achievements

14 hours ago, Telfer said:

Its ok man, RL is important, do you think you can come to the event tomorrow?

Can't promise anything sorry.