blkbutterfly

The Cree - Rise & Fall

This will have to be the first new civilization I play in the game when I get around to buying the update. I sincerely hope they've done more than just add new empires but so far all I've seen are more empires.

Achievements

11 hours ago, mjv96 said:

This will have to be the first new civilization I play in the game when I get around to buying the update. I sincerely hope they've done more than just add new empires but so far all I've seen are more empires.

Same. I'm looking forward to playing The Cree. Recon units are pretty much sidelined in all of the current civs. 

I just played a game with a modded civ that used recon units. It's a different/fun gameplay style to rushing your neighbours (in SP). If Firaxis can fix many of the bugs plaguing Civ VI IMO that'd be enough LOL

Achievements

I won't pre-order this time...I'm gonna wait till it's on sale AND has been patched at least once...that and I want to really see all that they've added. Civ VI burned me unlike any previous version so I won't make that mistake again.

Achievements

18 hours ago, mjv96 said:

I won't pre-order this time...I'm gonna wait till it's on sale AND has been patched at least once...that and I want to really see all that they've added. Civ VI burned me unlike any previous version so I won't make that mistake again.

Many gamers share that opinion. They're still peeved off at Firaxis+2K over Civ VI. Lots have reverted to Civ V.

I think I will get R&F but I'm not going to pre-order it (unless there is some sale/bargain). BTW are there any bugs you think are showstoppers for a Civ VI event? (MP)
Pls add them to the thread → 

Achievements

20 hours ago, mjv96 said:

I wouldn't say civ 6 burned me harder than civ 5 did, but i'll def wait till it's on sale.

Achievements

8 hours ago, RivalET said:

I wouldn't say civ 6 burned me harder than civ 5 did, but i'll def wait till it's on sale.

I gave up on Civ VI events after a couple of games cos it was obvious to me the problems with MP and the game in general (also cos of my health and doctor's warnings).
You guys got burned hard by Civ VI :emolulz:

On topic: 2K+Firaxis have also peeved off the Cree Nation by not asking permission (as a courtesy or o/w) to use Poundmaker → 
http://www.pcgamer.com/poundmaker-cree-nation-leader-criticizes-cree-portrayal-in-civilization-6/

Edited by blkbutterfly

Achievements

What can I say...the graphics are disappointing...the "armies" are laughable...the diplomacy, oh wait, what diplomacy...it's like a fancy, finely, polished, steaming pile of horse turd...it's nice to look at (cuz it's fancy and finely polished after all), but it's still a steaming pile of horse poopy.

• Like 1

Achievements

On 08/01/2018 at 2:16 AM, mjv96 said:

What can I say...the graphics are disappointing...the "armies" are laughable...the diplomacy, oh wait, what diplomacy...it's like a fancy, finely, polished, steaming pile of horse turd...it's nice to look at (cuz it's fancy and finely polished after all), but it's still a steaming pile of horse poopy.

Well,  regardless of the quality/playability of the game , I've decided to boycott Rise & Fall.

I'm not going to buy it until 2K+Firaxis sort out the legal/PR issue with The Cree Nation over Poundmaker rights. They are now taking about legal action →

https://panow.com/article/733256/cree-nation-making-progress-reclaiming-poundmaker-s-legacy

Achievements

14 hours ago, blkbutterfly said:

Well,  regardless of the quality/playability of the game , I've decided to boycott Rise & Fall.

I'm not going to buy it until 2K+Firaxis sort out the legal/PR issue with The Cree Nation over Poundmaker rights. They are now taking about legal action →

https://panow.com/article/733256/cree-nation-making-progress-reclaiming-poundmaker-s-legacy

Interesting read that. Wasn't aware but glad you brought it up. Just one more reason to stay away till things improve.

• Like 1

Achievements

The article says the Cree Nation are preparing a Cease & Desist and may try to block the release of Rise & Fall (with the Cree). More →

Achievements