BradRapidTv

AMD or NVIDIA?

gpu prices are bit meh atm , i had amd/radeon and nvidia , currently as vega is crap and nvidia are don't have any rivals , i suggest keeping what u have till mid 2018  . 

rocking 1080 gtx for over year n a half cant complain . 

i think i had 6970 amd for like 2 years was pretty good 7950 was not so bad , then i went on gpu bindge and had like 4 gpus in a yer or two , 770 4 gig , 970 , 980, 980ti lol 

Achievements

I actually have a gtx970 (I had a lot of issues with newer Unreal Engine games like spikes and artefacts) my next gpu will probably be an AMD card

Achievements

I have NVIDIA graphics cards and they work well for me, although they are quite expensive as oppose to AMD cards, they both have their ups and downs. but personally, I would go with NVIDIA

Achievements

Just recently ordered new parts of my PC and I chose AMD on CPU side and Nvidia on GPU.

Good thing about AMD is that you pay less , for a little less perfomance and even that diferrence can be removed by OC'ing

Achievements

Red

NVidia for my life

Achievements

AMD is having problems following NVIDIA till now, and of such this question needs to be in favor to NVIDIA technically, though from the competitive side, AMD is the answer. There is no competition against NVIDIA yet, thats only bad. These crypto thingy also hurts the GPU market for gamers. AMD is concentrating a bit too much on them.

Red

I have never tried Nivida, but I am switching soon. Why not give it a go, especially since they are our sponsor. 

Achievements

If you want high end performance nvidia everytime, if you're on a budget then you have to do some serious research, at different performance levels the best performance per $ is normally AMD but sometimes nvidia. I've heard AMD has temp issues, I've not had temp issues personally with AMD, I did with nvidia once but that was a cheap card and I fixed it by reapplying thermal compound.
If you're on Windows either brand is good.
If you're using linux or plan to use linux it's gotta be AMD. Nvidia just will not co-operate with linux.
(You're also a little bit insane for wanting to play games on linux but I can't talk as I'm doing that right now with a nvidia card and linux -_-)

Achievements

I've always used Nvidia.  I like most thing about them.

Achievements

Nvidia nice and cool, so quieter than AMD for less price cooling-wise. Love my 4690k OC and 750Ti SC OC :)

Achievements

For a laptop, Nvidia is certainly better, but for a PC, AMD chips have better prices for the overall GPU performance, even if Nvidia seems to have better driver support (at least in my personal experience). 

Achievements

9 minutes ago, Malduras said:

For a laptop, Nvidia is certainly better, but for a PC, AMD chips have better prices for the overall GPU performance, even if Nvidia seems to have better driver support (at least in my personal experience). 

they also better in powersaving and performance for the price.

Nvidia i have geforce gtx asus strix 1070 its amazing

Achievements