BradRapidTv

AMD or NVIDIA?

I myself have always been an AMD fan. I currently run duel GTX 1080's in mine, but might want to swap back to an AMD. NVIDIA has always given me issues. Thoughts? 

Achievements

My experience on this topic is AMD has cheaper and more affordable cards and especially the newer ones are actually very good performance wise as well. Their drivers are still bad though, so be careful with that. nVidia on the other hand has stronger and more expensive cards while as a company they are pretty shady and I refuse to support them unless buying their card is really the only way to upgrade my computer significantly.

Edited by CyberpunkPie

Achievements

Well I just upgraded from an AMD card to an Nvidia ZOTAC AMP Extreme 1080 T.i. and a 27in 1440P 144hz G-Syn. Nvidia runs better and is a better performer for 1440P resolution. If you're sticking with 1080P Gaming then your options are endless. Now my opinion with Nvidia is just pure personal experience when it comes to using them at a time or two.

Achievements

I've found that I get better driver support from nVidia.

Achievements

I would guess AMD is somehow better...but dunno for sure

Anyway for a laptop Nvidia is way better

Achievements

Nvidia, never had problems with 

Achievements

DI is sponsored by NVIDIA SO OBviOUSly NVIDIA!! 

There was this video once where games that partnered with AMD would still work with NVIDIA cards, but games that partnered with NVIDIA won't really work well with AMD.. So yeah.

I didn't really choose the graphic card for my PC tho lol

Achievements

I mean, NVIDIA > AMD, always been like that for asfar as I know ;)

Achievements

i am more of an NVIDIA fanboy, have been playing with NVidia cards since i started playing video games. Also amd card seem to be a bit noisy.

Achievements

Red

I think NVIDIA works better because of the drivers. The affordability and power of AMDs cards can't properly be utilized because of the horrible driver support. So it depends on the current AMD driver status for the software you're trying to run.

Achievements

My graphics card is an nvidia but my cpu is an AMD and I like this setup

Achievements

Most games optimize for NVIDIA gpus iirc but I don't have experience with AMD gpus

Achievements

Each side got its own benefits, amd crossfire, nividia hairworks, small things like that

Achievements

I prefer Nvidia for a gpu, mainly because of all the features and software that comes with it like shadow play and the geforce experience launcher, although its expensive i would still fork out money to Nvidia than amd,,, but if were talking about cpu's intel vs amd i would most definitely go with ive had both and i love the amd cpu's so much better their cheaper in price and they fork out some great performance for the price you pay, plus when you go to OC them its so much more userfriendly and less of a risk with the software amd has to use with so i think amd makes better cpu's than gpu's when it comes down to upgrading my stuff, but thats just my opinion

Achievements

Nvidia definitely, I feel like more games are optimizing for Nvidia too

Achievements

Nvidia, because AMD cant keep up with the next gen GPU compression

Achievements

Well since we are in an affiliate partnership with them.. Im going to say NVidida :)

Achievements