Kyomorai

Your best Roadhog tips and tricks

Being a RH main, just looking for your tips and advice to get me to the next level. My hook % is decent and environmental kills are so satisfying. Lay it on me. What do you got?

Achievements

Yeah I do. Thanks For that. Just seeing if there is anyone that could actively coach me  rather then watching a stream.

Achievements

I don't know how good you are at playing Roadhog so you might already know some :

- Keep your primary fire pushed while pulling an enemy, ensuring a shot at the first active frame, and follow by a melee

- Secondary fire + Hook + Primary Fire + Melee = Verygud damage

- Road can now survive a point blank D.va ult with his E, subsequently, consider bodyblocking critical damage to save teammates (Consider yourself like a shield while E-ing)

Achievements

oh not sure if you already know this but you can cancel your E and maybe even your hook with your ultimate, simply by pressing q while in the animation

Achievements

Awesome advice. Thanks dudes. 👍😊 honestly, didn't know some of this.

Achievements

If you wish to know the hog way, the best thing to say is hit a hook, and then press Q. You'll still pull while you ult on them. Doing this, you'll do a second of full damage and then push back. Or, if you are good enough to turn and land them near a corner, you'll kill them quick. Another useful tip is you can cancel the animation of your reload. Keep an eye on it and time it everytime. I have the timing down so I can keep watch on screen. If you heal or hook at JUST the right time, you can cancel your reload the second it fills your gun. I personally use hook for it since I can get a free kill most of the time.

Place a VoD so you can get tips and hints. Works best!

Achievements

As a Platinum/Diamond Roadhog main.

I advice you to turn around while healing yourself up to stay away from critical headshot damage.

Ana is only killable if you do the massive damage combo (Secondary fire + hook + primary fire +punch in da face) because of its ridiculously small hitbox.

Junkrat,Mini D.Va,Zenyatta and Tracer will be dead with only a hook + primary fire combo so don’t waste time.

Always remember to be prepared to stop ultimates like Moira’s, Soldier’s, Mcree’s, Roadhog’s and restart their ultimate charge while stopping the ultimate.

And remember to use your ult. to kill one or even to tanks if possible don’t try to get small heroes because it’s a waste of damage.

I'm a RH main and I feel I play a different hog to others to a degree, but i feel it works very well. I play a very fluid, very involved RH that lays on the outskirts of most control maps and in the centre of payload maps. Most games I have a k/d of 20+ with as low as 3 deaths. I feel i do this by hanging in areas where I can swiftly strike, use my high hp and E to tank defense and pick off a single target. One thing is you should never be scared of a 1v1. Roadhog is the 1v1 king so try create situations with your hook where you 1v1, then with the elim if your team pushes, use the chaos to get the extra elims and 2nd hook but if not, use your E to escape. Another thing to be wary of is just because you're tanky, does not mean you can ignore your positioning, stick to vantage points, corners and places you can escape.

Heal when your really low so it baits enemy to attack you while you have damage reduction, do not feed ult charge that road hogs main problem. Hook at the enemy if its half the distance of your hook range, if their at the max range at the very end aim to the left or right of them, if you hook a tank shoot them once and keep walking towards them and shoot them again. still not dead walk towards them do it again, than heal back and right click twice.

Achievements

One simple little advice: Only use your primary attack on point blank targets. Use your secondary attack for any other targets further away.