Snek

Parish Buildings Guide [Age 1 Only]

Snek's Parish Buildings Guide [Age 1 Only]

Castle Buildings:

Architect’s Guild - It unlocks all of the castle gates, walls and towers.

Labourer’s Billets - Speeds up the completion of placed buildings in the parish. Can place multiple.

Castellan’s House - Comparable to our Castellation research. Just upgrades the keep.

Sergeant at Arms Office - Comparable to our Defences research.

Stables - Unlocks Sally Forth.

Turret Maker - Allows the buildings of additional turrets in the capital castle AND in all the villages in the parish.

Tunnelor’s Guild - Same as above, but for the tunnels.

Ballista Maker - Same as above but for Ballistae.

Army Buildings:

Barracks - Increases capital army size.

Peasant Conscription Hall - Increases HP of peasants.

Archery Range - Unlocks use of archers in the capital at level 1, and increases HP of Archers in the Capital.

Pikeman’s Drill Yard - Same as above, but for pikes.

Combat Arena - Same as above, but for swordsmen.

Siege Engineer’s Guild - Same as above, but for catapults (Rate of fire instead of HP)

Supply Depot - Increases movement speed of Capital Army. Cannot be upgraded, but can place multiple.

Civil Buildings:

Town Hall - Increases build speed of capital buildings.

Church - Increase faith point generation in all villages within the parish.

Town Garden - Increases popularity-honour multiplier for all villages within the parish.

Statues - Increases popularity-honour multiplier for all villages within the parish. Cannot be upgraded, but can place multiple.

Guilds:

All guilds increase production of their respective resource for all villages within the parish.

Note - Once maxed, anything that can be upgraded can be deleted without losing the bonus. Do not delete buildings that you can place multiple of, e.g. barracks, labourer's billets.

Priority order:

*You should always build as if war is about to break out*

*At least half of the space should be taken up by barracks and supply depots. Balance building these with the following*

*Optional* Town Hall

(Will help build capital buildings as fast as possible. Only place this if you and your parishioners will be very active, and producing and donating a lot of goods to the buildings. If not, just build a few labourer’s billets instead.)

V

Architect’s Guild

(Should already be built and maxed, but if it isn’t, this is top priority. You must get the castle built ASAP..)

V

Sergeant at Arms Office

(At least level 7 for Moats, the rest can wait.)

V

Church

(Often neglected, but very important to have maxed. Never pass up on free faith, even if you can only self interdict.)

V

Stone Quarry Guild

(Very important to have high stone production during these times to make sure your castles are built and maintained.)

V

Woodcutter’s Guild

(Very important to have plenty of wood during these times, especially if you’re being ransacked, and/or producing crazy amounts of weapons.)

V

Ballista Maker’s Guild

(Very important for maximising the defenses of the capital and the defensive power of your/your allies castles.)

V

Turret Maker’s Guild

(Very important for maximising the defense of the capital and the defensive power of yours and your allies castles.)

V

Primary Food Type Guild

(Depending what food type you use primarily. I recommend meat as the most efficient food type. You will need high food production to keep popularity high and peasants coming in constantly to make more troops. It will also help to create a surplus to sell. If you’re not a fighter, sell it to buy goods to supply to fighters.)

V

*Optional* Brewer’s Guild

(Max this if you or allies in your parish rely heavily on ale to keep popularity high.)

V

*Optional* Pitch Worker’s Guild

(Only worth it if you, or an ally has multiple swamps/highlands to supply yourselves with pitch. A huge help with maintaining pitchmonsters.)

V

*Optional* Iron Miner’s Guild

(Only worth it if you, or an ally, has multiple mountain peaks/lowlands to supply yourselves with iron. Also only necessary if you or an ally are producing weapons at a rate that demands this much iron.)

V

Siege Worker’s Guild

(Catapults are priceless during war time. Even if you’re not going to use them, you can always supply them to active fighters.)

V

Fletcher’s Guild

(Pretty obvious. You should have as many archers on your walls as you have room for, and you’ll need a steady supply to produce more troops, or to supply to fighters. You will also need to donate plenty of these to other guilds. )

V

Poleturner’s Guild

(You will need plenty of pikes for your armies, to supply to allies, and to donate to other guilds.)

V

Armourer’s Guild

(You will need plenty of armour for your armies, to supply to allies, and to donate to other guilds.)

V

Archery Range

(Even if you’re not offensively using the parish army, you will need archers on the walls.)

V

Pikeman’s Drill Yard

(Even if you’re not offensively using the parish army, you’ll need to keep the parish clear of AI. A max strength attack from a Wolf castle could easily open if your castle for an enemy player to capitalise on. This will also keep popularity high in the parish.)

V

Siege Engineer’s Guild

(Very important if you’re using the parish army as a breaker, but also necessary to take out high level wolf castles.)

V

*Optional* Honour Goods Guilds

(If you or an ally in your parish functions as a banquet supplier, it is very useful to have these guilds maxed to keep your allies topped up with honour. You may wish to prioritise these much earlier on if you feel they are very active and generous banqueters, and they could also help max the guilds that require honour goods (e.g. Church) very very quickly.)

V

Stables

(Helpful for maximising the defense of the capital.)

V

Tunnellor’s Guild

(Some might say this is more of a priority, but I personally think it’s only worth it if coupled with the peasant’s conscription hall, and it would be a crime to place that before any of the above.)

V

Peasant’s Conscription Hall

(The only purpose for this is to increase the hp of the peasants that pour out of the tunnels. If positioned correctly, the peasants can be devastating to the attackers catapults, which are very fragile. You may wish to prioritise maxing this and the tunnellor’s guild earlier, but I wouldn’t.)

V

Castellan’s House

(Can help take out a few extra troops, not overly important, but every little helps.)

V

*Build whatever you want from here onwards*

Note: This guide is only applicable to Age 1 worlds, since you can delete a building and still retain its' benefits. From Age 2 onwards, this is not the case, and you will need to decide which bonuses you want, and which bonuses you can do without.

I hope this helps any new parish stewards, and if anyone has any positive feedback or corrections/differing opinions, please share!

Edited by Snek
  • Upvote 1

Events Attended

1 hour ago, Snek said:

Snek's Parish Buildings Guide [Age 1 Only]

Castle Buildings:

Architect’s Guild - It unlocks all of the castle gates, walls and towers.

Labourer’s Billets - Speeds up the completion of placed buildings in the parish. Can place multiple.

Castellan’s House - Comparable to our Castellation research. Just upgrades the keep.

Sergeant at Arms Office - Comparable to our Defences research.

Stables - Unlocks Sally Forth.

Turret Maker - Allows the buildings of additional turrets in the capital castle AND in all the villages in the parish.

Tunnelor’s Guild - Same as above, but for the tunnels.

Ballista Maker - Same as above but for Ballistae.

Army Buildings:

Barracks - Increases capital army size.

Peasant Conscription Hall - Increases HP of peasants.

Archery Range - Unlocks use of archers in the capital at level 1, and increases HP of Archers in the Capital.

Pikeman’s Drill Yard - Same as above, but for pikes.

Combat Arena - Same as above, but for swordsmen.

Siege Engineer’s Guild - Same as above, but for catapults (Rate of fire instead of HP)

Supply Depot - Increases movement speed of Capital Army. Cannot be upgraded, but can place multiple.

Civil Buildings:

Town Hall - Increases build speed of capital buildings.

Church - Increase faith point generation in all villages within the parish.

Town Garden - Increases popularity-honour multiplier for all villages within the parish.

Statues - Increases popularity-honour multiplier for all villages within the parish. Cannot be upgraded, but can place multiple.

Guilds:

All guilds increase production of their respective resource for all villages within the parish.

Priority order:

*You should always build as if war is about to break out*

*At least half of the space should be taken up by barracks and supply depots. Balance building these with the following*

*Optional* Town Hall

(Will help build capital buildings as fast as possible. Only place this if you and your parishioners will be very active, and producing and donating a lot of goods to the buildings. If not, just build a few labourer’s billets instead.)

V

Architect’s Guild

(Should already be built and maxed, but if it isn’t, this is top priority. You must get the castle built ASAP..)

V

Sergeant at Arms Office

(At least level 7 for Moats, the rest can wait.)

V

Church

(Often neglected, but very important to have maxed. Never pass up on free faith, even if you can only self interdict.)

V

Stone Quarry Guild

(Very important to have high stone production during these times to make sure your castles are built and maintained.)

V

Woodcutter’s Guild

(Very important to have plenty of wood during these times, especially if you’re being ransacked, and/or producing crazy amounts of weapons.)

V

Ballista Maker’s Guild

(Very important for maximising the defenses of the capital and the defensive power of your/your allies castles.)

V

Turret Maker’s Guild

(Very important for maximising the defense of the capital and the defensive power of yours and your allies castles.)

V

Primary Food Type Guild

(Depending what food type you use primarily. I recommend meat as the most efficient food type. You will need high food production to keep popularity high and peasants coming in constantly to make more troops. It will also help to create a surplus to sell. If you’re not a fighter, sell it to buy goods to supply to fighters.)

V

*Optional* Brewer’s Guild

(Max this if you or allies in your parish rely heavily on ale to keep popularity high.)

V

*Optional* Pitch Worker’s Guild

(Only worth it if you, or an ally has multiple swamps/highlands to supply yourselves with pitch. A huge help with maintaining pitchmonsters.)

V

*Optional* Iron Miner’s Guild

(Only worth it if you, or an ally, has multiple mountain peaks/lowlands to supply yourselves with iron. Also only necessary if you or an ally are producing weapons at a rate that demands this much iron.)

V

Siege Worker’s Guild

(Catapults are priceless during war time. Even if you’re not going to use them, you can always supply them to active fighters.)

V

Fletcher’s Guild

(Pretty obvious. You should have as many archers on your walls as you have room for, and you’ll need a steady supply to produce more troops, or to supply to fighters. You will also need to donate plenty of these to other )

V

Poleturner’s Guild

(You will need plenty of pikes for your armies, to supply to allies, and to donate to other guilds.)

V

Armourer’s Guild

(You will need plenty of armour for your armies, to supply to allies, and to donate to other guilds.)

V

Archery Range

(Even if you’re not offensively using the parish army, you will need archers on the walls.)

V

Pikeman’s Drill Yard

(Even if you’re not offensively using the parish army, you’ll need to keep the parish clear of AI. A max strength attack from a Wolf castle could easily open if your castle for an enemy player to capitalise on. This will also keep popularity high in the parish.)

V

Siege Engineer’s Guild

(Very important if you’re using the parish army as a breaker, but also necessary to take out high level wolf castles.)

V

*Optional* Honour Goods Guilds

(If you or an ally in your parish functions as a banquet supplier, it is very useful to have these guilds maxed to keep your allies topped up with honour. You may wish to prioritise these much earlier on if you feel they are very active and generous banqueters, and they could also help max the guilds that require honour goods (e.g. Church) very very quickly.)

V

Stables

(Helpful for maximising the defense of the capital.)

V

Tunnellor’s Guild

(Some might say this is more of a priority, but I personally think it’s only worth it if coupled with the peasant’s conscription hall, and it would be a crime to place that before any of the above.)

V

Peasant’s Conscription Hall

(The only purpose for this is to increase the hp of the peasants that pour out of the tunnels. If positioned correctly, the peasants can be devastating to the attackers catapults, which are very fragile. You may wish to prioritise maxing this and the tunnellor’s guild earlier, but I wouldn’t.)

V

Castellan’s House

(Can help take out a few extra troops, not overly important, but every little helps.)

V

*Build whatever you want from here onwards*

Note: This guide is only applicable to Age 1 worlds, since you can delete a building and still retain its' benefits. From Age 2 onwards, this is not the case, and you will need to decide which bonuses you want, and which bonuses you can do without.

I hope this helps any new parish stewards, and if anyone has any positive feedback or corrections/differing opinions, please share!

This is an awesome guide, especially for 1st time parish stewards. Great job @Snek

Events Attended

Just now, Jammychgo said:

This is an awesome guide, especially for 1st time parish stewards. Great job @Snek

Thanks! I've been meaning to make it for a while, and then one of my stewards in GC2 asked me what he should be building, so I decided to finish it up :)

(Hi Miguelister!)

Events Attended

I recently got my own Parish and after reading all is this I want to give it away instantly lmao

Events Attended

19 hours ago, Xenith said:

I recently got my own Parish and after reading all is this I want to give it away instantly lmao

Its not that difficult :D i learned it by being lone player in my parish ... on Euro 2 server :) i got parish with baddly damaged and bad designed castle ...so i was practically defensles but maintained my flags :D

Events Attended

On 01/12/2016 at 2:35 PM, Jammychgo said:

At least Im trying to do something right ...  Thanks for this ...  Really good info

Events Attended