Merf

SHK Etiquette

So, you've learned the basics of the game and you're ready to interact with other players in the world of Stronghold Kingdoms. Great!

Learning your SHK Etiquette will provide you with the tools to have a positive experience, and ensure that the players you meet will enjoy themselves as well.  

If any of the terminology used here is unfamiliar to you, or you are simply new to the game, please first read this topic:

• Liege Lords and Vassals

Liege Lords - Prioritize sending vassal requests to faction mates first. They are more dependable than neutrals and you're less likely to see a conflict of interest arise later. A good Liege Lord will check on their vassal often and ask if they need supplies, troops, or assistance. 

Vassals - Your Liege Lord is not obligated to send you troops, but if they do, take great care of them. Your LL should be able to use their stationed troops to clear AI in your parish or attack enemy players at a moment's notice, so having your own defense is best.  If you use them, place LL troops (shown in green) on the back lines of your castle out of the way of enemy fire.

Spoiler

1e638613892b799f5580e6f71e75c326.jpg

Capturing another player's vassal - Before attacking a friendly or neutral player's vassal, it is important to send them a PM first. Let them know who you plan to attack and make sure they don't have troops stationed at the target location. Give the LL time to clear their stationed troops, if they have any. 72 hours is standard. 24 hours is the minimum. 

Enemy Vassals and Liege Lords - If you find yourself with an enemy player connected to your village, drop them immediately! 

• Parish/County/Province/Country Ownership  - "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" Every wise person in history.

Do not vote for yourself in a parish owned by an ally. ba86ec1a31b4e7893a9368f7eeeb2156.png This includes monk and natural voting.

If the parish is owned by a neutral player with no faction e08bcf7613cab870fe0b7383dad18214.png  you may assume stewardship.  

If the parish is owned by a neutral Housed player 6ba99c2eb3e9fcbdea3d92a646c532ff.png  do not take the parish, but hold your votes.

If the parish is owned by an enemy player 3c684a1b908d068ee704ba552b7f1697.png  vote yourself in by any means necessary. 

Donations are mainly the Steward's responsibility. That extra army may be tempting, but if you cannot produce the donations to support a parish, allow someone who can to take over. Even if you are not the steward, feel free to donate as you are able. Everyone loves a good neighbor. 

A good Steward will build up the parish castle and keep it secure. Failure to build a proper defense in your parish is considered negligence.

Ex: If you've had a parish for 30+ days and your castle still looks like this- 

Spoiler

084fda0b41ac4d05b9ae062d2e343f3d.png

• Parish Disputes

Any parish dispute (argument over stewardship) should be handled by your officers. When an issue arises, send an in-game mail to your officers with a detailed description of what happened. This should include who owned the parish first, how the parish was obtained by the other player, and if possible, screenshots of the evidence to support your claim. DO NOT mail the offending party, his faction general, the sheriff of the county, or the House Marshal. Diplomacy is to be handled by LEADERSHIP ONLY. 

• Monking

Sending aggressive monks is considered an act of war. This includes: Voting against the current Steward, Inquisition, and Excommunication.  Save your faith for the enemy players and don't pick fights on your home turf.. 

• Scouting

Scouting a player's castle or parish is an act of war. Again, save it for the Enemy. 

• Flag/Gold Raids

Only raid neutral, enemy, or inactive players' parishes for gold. If the steward has a faction, consider whether or not you would like his entire faction to attack you before making that raid. There are always plenty of enemies to raid without picking on the neutrals. 

• Attacking Other Players

Enemies (Swords) - No diplomacy required. Fire at will.

Enemy Vassals - No diplomacy required. Fire at will.

Inactive players - Mail the inactive and their LL/Faction General (if applicable) and ask if they're around. Include one of the division officers in your mail. Give them 72 hours to respond before attacking. 

Allies(White Flowers) - No. Just don't.

Neutral House - Do not attack.

The most important thing to remember is that SHK is about Community.

You will find that almost every in-game mail ends in, "If you need anything, let me know."  

You've got to love this spirit of giving, especially in a game where nothing is really free and territory is often stolen, pillaged, and even incinerated. 

Apply these basic guidelines in your gameplay and you will enjoy the full spectrum of everything that SHK has to offer. 

Edited by Merf
  • Upvote 3

Events Attended

:emolulz:Good job Merf! :D Very descriptive. :D

Edited by Aisthimatikos

Events Attended

5 hours ago, Merf said:

especially in a game where nothing is really free and territory is often stolen, pillaged, and even incinerated. 

Mhmmmm Incinerated village = Best Village. 

Events Attended

11 hours ago, Merf said:

Ex: If you've had a parish for 30+ days and your castle still looks like this- 

Reveal hidden contents

I think I know where this castle is...

Events Attended

3 minutes ago, Roflosaurus said:

I think I know where this castle is...

Not in Iceland, I built up my ex-parishes quite well..... which was kinda useless since they have never been attacked, iceland is kinda ignored so Icelandic parishes store a ton of cash, they are basically the Gold bank for the alliances parishes (though they never withdraw from the bank either) lol

Events Attended

I am ace at donating up the parishes i am in ....   maybe too charitable .. but hey .. it makes us all stronger in the long run

Events Attended

Merf, thanks for the info

• Upvote 1

some good info here new recruits will learn alot from @Merfkeep up the good work

Events Attended

Very nice guide, I always been one for attacking anything I want and seeing who I upset the most lol ;p

Events Attended

Thanks for this

Events Attended

most excellent :)

i made a few of the mistakes very early on,,,, wish i had read this first ;)

Events Attended

Why did you not post all this great info 2 months ago, lol

thank you. now i can play like a pro. 

10 minutes ago, DarfVader said:

Why did you not post all this great info 2 months ago, lol

thank you. now i can play like a pro. 

:emowut:Dont know if you are trolling... She did post this 2 months ago...

Events Attended

10 hours ago, Roflo said:

:emowut:Dont know if you are trolling... She did post this 2 months ago...

Hahah. Darf wasn't here though. Darf, why didn't you join 2 months ago, eh? :P

Events Attended

Us South Africans are always 2 months behind the world...lol...great etiquette merf:)